The Medical Services Plan (MSP) for British Columbians has undergone multiple changes to ensure residents have access to essential medical services throughout the province, including:
- Waiving eligibility requirements – The three-month wait period for MSP coverage has been waived, effective March 1, 2020.
- Online enrolment and temporary coverage – MSP applicants who cannot complete their MSP enrolment at an ICBC licensing office may be provided with a Confirmation of Temporary Coverage letter as evidence of temporary MSP enrolment.
- COVID-19 treatment for non-MSP individuals – If you are in B.C. and otherwise not covered by MSP, you will be provided health coverage for services related to COVID-19.
- Temporary coverage for extended stays outside of B.C. – If you will exceed your maximum allowable absence from B.C. because you cannot return home due to COVID-19, you may be provided temporary coverage.
- Expired temporary work or study permits – If you do not have MSP coverage due to an expired work or study permit, you may qualify for temporary MSP coverage.
Visit the Medical Services Plan website for additional and current information.